Community-Based Social Marketing Workshops
The cornerstone of sustainable and healthy communities is behaviour change. Sustainability requires that individuals and businesses engage in diverse actions, such as reducing waste, increasing water and energy efficiency, altering transportation habits, and protecting native species. Healthy lifestyles require individuals to make smart food choices, exercise, avoid smoking and excessive sun exposure, and engage in a myriad of other actions. Research demonstrates, however, that the traditional approach of using ads, brochures or websites to encourage behaviour change simply doesn’t work. A new approach, community-based social marketing, is now being used effectively in numerous programs across the globe. We invite you to attend a workshop with the founder of community-based social marketing, Dr. Doug McKenzie-Mohr, as the training provided will fundamentally change the way you think about program delivery.
- Edmonton, AB Workshops 21st - 24th November, 2017
- Dallas, TX Workshop 16th January, 2018
- Houston, US Workshop 18th - 19th January, 2018
- Seattle, US Workshop 29th - 30th January, 2018
- Vancouver, CA Workshops 13th - 16th February, 2018
- Wellington, NZ Workshops 6th - 9th March, 2018
- Melbourne, AU Workshops 19th - 22nd March, 2018
- Brisbane, QLD Workshops 26th - 29th March, 2018
View Workshops in:
Doug’s workshops are a must-attend for anyone involved in energy and environmental policies and programs. McKenzie-Mohr’s approach is solidly based in research and in many years of on-the-ground successful programs with careful evaluations. I highly recommend his highly informative community-based social marketing training.
- Linda Schuck Founder and Past-Chair
- Behavior, Energy and Climate Change Conference (BECC) Berkeley, California
Single, Most Significant Influence
Community-based social marketing has been the single, most significant influence in the design of our water and energy efficiency programs. The "Home WaterWise Service" and "ClimateSmart Home Service," combined, reached more than 500,000 households across Queensland.
- Anthony Coates Director, LGIS Operations
- Local Government Infrastructure Services Brisbane, Australia
We have used community-based social marketing successfully for nearly a decade. CBSM allows us to develop a comprehensive understanding of our target’s barriers to change and what motivators are required to encourage the adoption of sustainable behaviours.
- Greg Allen Manager Community Education
- Department of Environment and Conservation Perth, Australia
Accessible and Relevant
Our community was fortunate to be able to host a CBSM workshop. The workshop attracted a wide range of people: academics, students, city employees, non-profit staff, and activist volunteers. McKenzie-Mohr's dynamic presentation was accessible and relevant for the entirety of this diverse audience. It has changed the way our town does business.
- Dr. Cynthia McPherson Frantz Associate Professor of Psychology
- Oberlin College Oberlin, Ohio
Clear, Structured approach to Behaviour Change
Doug’s workshops are very useful. They provide a clear, structured way of approaching behaviour change, evidence regarding what works, and lots of new ideas.
- Kathryn Rathouse Director
- Social Research Ltd. St. Albans, England
Revolutionized Program Delivery
Over the last two decades, community-based social marketing has revolutionized the development, implementation and promotion of environmental programs. I highly recommend attending Doug’s workshops to learn how to apply this innovative approach to your own programs.
- Ken Donnelly President
- Beyond Attitude Halifax, Canada
Doug’s Fostering Sustainable Behaviour workshops should be required training for anyone who develops or manages an environmental program.
- Dr. Wesley Schultz Professor of Psychology
- California State University San Marcos, California USA